(I know several of you have done this; if you have, maybe leave a comment for me here to remind me..?)
(And I hesitate to do this because I really can't even afford to send out cards this year, so I've not asked for any, but but but..)
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a [fandom] icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free, do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
(I don't keep a wish list anywhere online, really, so though I cringe to do so I'm going to do so here.)
1. The obvious: I really need a job. I'm in the Penn Hills, PA area. Thoughts? Leads? Good mojo? All appreciated.
2. A lot of people need a lot of help these days. Consider helping out when/if you can..?
3. Ummm..I have for years now wanted something made by cissa
- her Etsy shop is here
. In particular, I *love* this deer pendant
and this owl pendant
. (The type of metal doesn't matter to me, though I always prefer silver.)
(And even if you don't buy for me, you should go take a look and see if anything speaks to you. Her work is just so lovely.)
4. I have loudly confessed my love for vagynafondue
's artwork. So it won't surprise you to hear that I'm still lusting after this pendant
. (You should also check out her photographs
and her delightfully twisted cards
5. And here's a new shiny something I've just started lusting after: these bat earrings
by Ken Sutton are just lovely. (As is all of his work. I'm very taken with his tree pendants
Ok, so this is turning into more of a pimping post..
6. I love handmade things, so if you are feeling like you want to gift me with something you've created? Please feel free. :) COOKIES COUNT!!!! Snail mail is good, too! FB friends, my addy is there; LJ friends, I'll put my addy up in a locked post after this one.
7. Maybe you just so happen to have a membership to Wicked Faire
lying around, in need of a home..? We should talk.
8. Gift cards are great, as I really do not have much budget for 'frivolous' purchases such as books. And even though, in the wake of my moving, I mostly don't want to own anything, let alone have MORE things, I always want more books. Always. ALWAYS. Though also gift cards to, say, PetSmart or Target mean I can buy food for Lurk, which is my first priority.
(..Excuse me..I need to go take a pet-the-Lurk break!)
(..Ok, I'm back.)
9. Suddenly have tons of money and you realize that nothing would make you happier than buying me a top hat? Look no further!
There isn't much there that I wouldn't love.
10. Be excellent to each other. In the words of saraphina_marie
: "And lastly, I want us all to try and keep this magical holiday spirit all year round. Remember your favorite charity in April or September, not JUST at holiday time. Smile at strangers. Give compliments. Sing. Hold doors for people. Tip well. In short "Be the change you wish to see in the world" every single day. That is my greatest wish- to make the world a shinier place, one person at a time."
Because I really can't think of a better way to end a wish list than with that. :)
Other Shinies to Consider:
Have someone on your list that's hard to shop for?
has such a wide variety of music on her CDs, available here
..you should check out her music here
, or, ya know, Lost Girls merch is always fabulously awesome and supports a remarkable performer. :)
makes beautiful sparklies and sells them here
. (For those who have seen my octopus necklace? She's the one responsible.) Her work is just beautiful and I covet much of it. Some of the dichroic glass pendants glow in the dark! And she also makes wonderful gifts for the kitty in your life.
* My friend Julie is responsible for Natural Charm
, a jewlery site that features handmade clay beads infused with various flowers and plants. I am lucky enough to own a few of these pieces (and I want more more more!) - they're unique, they hold up VERY well, they're very tactile and striking. You and yours will love Julie's creations.
* Want a custom made non-traditional dreamcatcher? shadowwolf13
is your lady. Visit her Etsy store Catch a Dream
- you'll be amazed!